As i sit down facing my Pavillion monitor screen while sipping on cold Tazo tea (Giant Peach flavour - Green Tea + apple + peach...yum yum), I'm finally after 4 months, blogging again. I cannot even begin to describe what happened in the past 4 months for they just went by in a blur. The UK trip and it being cut short, the heartbreak, the start of a new semester and the birthday celebrations!
I departed from good old KL on May 20th at 11.50am and reach London 12 hours later. The journey there wasn't as exciting as i hope it will be cause exam results were coming out the following day and i was having so much trouble with ben. It still stings a little just typing his name out. Nevertheless, it was a worthwhile trip for i realize as cliche as this will sound, i don't want to live the rest of my life in malaysia after seeing what another country has to offer. Anyways, i visited st.james park which is adjacent to buckingham palace, went window shopping at harrods, watch musicals (Wicked & Phantom of the Opera), ate gourmet burgers and duck. The experience is one which everybody has to experience for themselves for there is nothing like it. I can't wait to go back there again.
Few months later, the new semester started and it was a semester for research where i will be spending most of my time in the laboratory. I have flexible hours which also includes the weekends which is really not to my liking. I met new ppl from the medical course and also postgraduate students and they are extremly helpful and nice. I'm doing my research about the toxicity of antimicrobials on algaes....those green organisms which u find in rivers and lakes and the sea...pls do not confuse them with fungi's.
Now, on to my birthday celebration....i got dr**k on my birthday and it wasn't a pretty sight though i will like to thank my awesome friends Melanie and Su Lin for dragging me out of the house to go clubbing at Barcelona. Thanks to Anson for paying for the tequila shot and VJ for ordering warm water for me...:D. It was the best birthday ever!!! it even beat my 21st birthday !!!
On a sadder note, one of my batchmate passed away at a very young age who hasn't even embrance life fully. Though i wasn't close to him, it's still a shock none the less and i can't imagine how his family and best friends will feel of such a loss.
All pictures regarding the UK trip and the birthday celebrations can be found on facebook...:D
No comments:
Post a Comment